Thursday, August 21, 2014

Zucchini

There are, I know, some people who detest zucchini. This is probably because it grows in such stupendous bulk that it has become a cliché to have too much of it - like the extreme difficulty of soufflés, cops and donuts, or dogs chasing cats. However, living in a desert where a brown thumb is default, I welcome anything that grows and grows in bulk with open arms! Bring on the zucchini! Bushels full! (What is a bushel, anyway...?) Besides, I actually like zucchini; it is lovely grilled, sautéd, stir-fried, in quesadillas, or (of course) in zucchini bread!
A lovely zucchini squash, which should be ready in a day or two!



Some very small ones, perhaps only an inch or two. Such potential! (I wish I'd gone out to take pictures in the morning when the blossoms open!)
 
A muffin! We don't actually make zucchini bread; it always come out way too gooey. But muffins are perfect!




 
 
 
I have several zucchini plants in various stages of development, and several pending squashes, and the plants shall probably die of frostbite or fungal infections before I tire of their harvest. There are plenty of recipes we have yet to try! I wonder if zucchini soufflé is any good?

1 comment: