Monday, February 9, 2015

Pumpkin Smoothie!!!

I love making smoothies! A little of this, and a little of that, all blended up at an hour before I'm really awake - and, voila! Breakfast for all!

They say that smoothies you can buy are often only milkshakes in disguise; pretend health food that is nowhere near healthy. So I make up my own recipes. My blueberry smoothie is good. The strawberry-banana is perfect. So I decided to try my hand at something more difficult - pumpkin! After a few tries, I found a ratio that is consistently pleasing. In fact, it's possibly our new favorite. So here's the recipe!



Surprisingly Good Pumpkin Smoothie

(Only because you wouldn’t expect a pumpkin smoothie to be good)

·         2 bananas

·         1 cup pumpkin puree

·         2 cups yogurt

·         4 cups milk

·         3 cups fruit juice (preferably V-fusion – I used cherry-apple)

·         6 cups ice

·         ¼ cup brown sugar

·         ¼ cup (ish) agave syrup

·         2 Emergen-C packets

·         1 tsp. vanilla extract

·         A dash or two each of the following, as desired: salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger

 

Blend all of the ingredients in a blender until smooth. This, of course, won’t work – unless your blender is COLASSAL! I usually blend in 3 or 4 batches, with very specific order that probably doesn’t matter, so I won’t get into it.

Makes just under a gallon – plenty for a family or a group of enthusiastic friends to enjoy! I have no idea of what proportions to use when shrinking it down to personal size.

1 comment:

  1. You put up the recipe--finally! :) You'll have to repost this when it Pumpkin Spice season starts up again! yummy!

    ReplyDelete