Monday, March 16, 2015

The Raisin Fairy, on Etsy

Well, I have finally launched my Etsy shop!

This is, in fact, a huge victory.

Etsy, which I have known about for a while, seems like the perfect place to sell and test and experiment. For anyone who doesn't know, Etsy is an online marketplace where sellers and makers around the world can set up individual shops to sell unique and creative items.

I have a collection of hobbies that is far too long, and have always hoped to someday market some of the things that I make. Usually, my wildest and most successful dreams involve the crafts that I don't know very well (Ooh, I could design custom jewelry! Hmm, what about a line of historically inspired lingerie? Maybe I could get into bookbinding - I love books!); but lately, with practical necessity upon me, I have realized how many of the things I do well I might also sell. So, I will have a lot of crocheted items, since I am feeling comfortable experimenting with design; and I hope to include some hand illumination also. Calligraphy and illuminating are relatively new hobbies for me, but are more enjoyable and successful than many!

The only problem with these lovely plans so far has been an extreme nervousness about implementing them. How does it all work, anyway? What if I do something wrong? What about using other patterns to make stuff? What does the shipping pricer thing mean or is it only for people with business degrees? It was all fear, to be perfectly honest. I still don't know what it all means, but I have arrived finally at a place where I have to simply jump in and find out. It might be crazy, but here goes!

It's been easier and more fun than I thought - muddling around learning stuff. Is this what life is always like?

So, there is my shop - "The Raisin Fairy." I have several items stocked and shall soon have several more. Mad and terrifying world, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment